Application Deadline: November 17, 2019
The Asia Pacific Top Level Domain Association (APTLD) is pleased to call for applications for its APTLD Meeting Fellowships for APTLD77 (Melbourne, Australia, 20-21 February 2020).
In total, according to the APTLD Board’s decision, as many as 3 Fellowships will be awarded in this round.
The Fellowships provide travels and accommodation, and daily subsistence (per diem) support for successful applicants for the whole period of the Meeting and its side events, including the Training days of 18 and 19 February and the Networking Event of 22 February 2020.
Fellowships are awarded to those candidates whose applications show the greatest potential and eagerness to network and explore new opportunities for enhancement their personal capacity and that of their registry. Please keep this in mind when preparing your application, be specific, and follow the requirements below.
Typically, APTLD Fellowships are open to APTLD members from developing countries and territories, and registries with the number of registrations under 50,000.
This time, the Fellowships are awarded to representatives of eligible Members from the following subregions:
1) 1 Fellowship for Middle East (for the following registries being eligible for it: .JO, .IQ, .OM, .PS, .QA);
2) 1 Fellowship for North Asia and Eurasia (. AF, .AM, .MN, IDN ccTLD for Ukraine, .IDN ccTLD for Georgia),
3) 1 Fellowship for South Asia and South-East Asia (.BD, .LA, .LK, .MO.NP, NTC Pakistan,).
However, the APTLD Board makes its final decision basing on a broader consideration of some other factors and with account of logistics and financial aspects. For a complete list of eligibility criteria please visit the APTLD website at:
As well, please, note that these Fellowships may not be awarded to any recent (since 1 September 2018 onwards) APTLD Fellows.
In return for the acceptance of a Fellowship, APTLD expects the following from the successful candidates:
· Participation in the training sessions prior to APTLD71 on 18-19 February 2020 (see: )
· Delivery of a presentation as a part of the APTLD Meeting agenda (see: )
· Contribution to the closing session of APTLD77 as a part of a Fellows panel to report major takeaways from the Meeting to the community, and
· Post-meeting, submission of a written testimonial (soft copy), including a special section detailing the relevance of the Meeting and major takeaways from it for the Fellow.
Please, complete your application in an arbitrary format and attach to it the following documents:
· A short bionote (no more than 300 words);
· A recommendation from the employer
· A rationale for your participation in the program (up to 300 words), including:
- interest and involvement in a ccTLD’s operation;
- professional achievements and successes;
- expected outcomes and how the Fellowship will help you develop professional skills and promote professional growth
· A synopsis of your presentation at the Meeting (up to 200 words), including:
- Title of the presentation;
- Main ideas and theses;
- Conclusions and recommendations;
- Practicality and usefulness for the community
Once completed, please, forward your application to GM at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Call closes on November 17, 2019 at 23:59 Moscow time (UTC+3).
For the full information of the APTLD Fellowship policy and to familiarize yourself with previous APTLD Fellows' testimonials, please visit and .