On 17 October 2019, the APTLD Board held its in-person meeting and considered a range of matters. A summary of the Meeting is published in this Communiqué.
Progress in Preparations for APTLD77
The Board noted with satisfaction a substantial progress in preparations for APTLD77 and approved additional costs associated with its organization and conduct. The Board suggested GM should seek possible cost reductions and recommended a number of practical steps in that regard.
Consideration and Approval of the Call for APTLD77 Fellowships
The Board considered GM’s proposal on APTLD77 Fellowships and resolved that in the community best interests to increase their number from 2 to 3 Fellowships and to hold the competition across 3 APTLD subregions in addition to Oceania, to offer 1 Fellowship per sub-region.
Consideration of the Draft RFP for the APTLD Website Revamp
The Board considered the updated document and resolved to re-examine it until 31 October 2019.
Consideration of a .OM’s Proposal on a Sub-regional DNSSEC Workshop
The Board approved the updated Proposal and suggested GM put it in effect by liaising with the .OM team and engaging with other Members in the Middle East to make it a sub-regional event. The Board also agreed to offer 3 sub-regional Fellowships for the Workshop to the Members in the Middle East that qualify for those and recommended GM ensure the Workshop is open for all the APTLD Membership.
Consideration of an Application for Associate Membership by the Bureau of Communications of the Republic of Palau
The Board discussed the Application and resolved to have another round of examination thereof and vote on the matter by correspondence until 25 October.
The Board also expressed gratitude to Ms. Dalsie Baniala, formerly the CEO of .VU, for her outreach efforts across the Southern Pacific sub-region.
The State and Execution of the 2019 APTLD Budget
The Board received GM’s update on the matter and noted with satisfaction that that the budget is in line with the original projections and APTLD should post robust end-year balance.
Consideration of GM’s Draft Business Plan for 2020.
The Board discussed a GM’s draft Business Plan for 2020 resolved to have another round of examination thereof and vote on the matter by correspondence until 25 October.
Consideration of Membership Fee Waiver Requests from .PS and .IR
The Board agreed to grant fee waiver for 2020 to .PS and .IR but noted that there should be established a policy to address the issue in the future. To that effect, the Board suggested the dedicated Working Group should re-launch its operation shortly.
The Board also considered a number of other administrative and corporate governance matters.