Application Deadline: March 17, 2019
To bolster the Asia Pacific ccTLD community’s technical capacity, APTLD in cooperation with THNIC, an APTLD Member, offers 2 (two) Fellowships to the DNS-focused Cybersecurity Workshop to be held in Bangkok, Thailand, on 8-10 May 2019.
Delivered by renowned experts from the US and the Netherlands, the technical Workshop consists of lectures and hands-on labs to teach DNS, DNS Security Extensions and DNS Security Analysis targeted at operators who are responsible for the security and DNS services in their organization. For a greater detail, please visit: https://interlab.ait.ac.th/our_course/cyber-security-workshop-dns-focused/?fbclid=IwAR3YYPhLD3L6iNJtMpaCZxF3XJYk3_KX4rbqzGKztjpi7eufWm6D41d_dGo
The Fellowships cover travel (economy class round ticket), visa costs, the registration fee, and the hotel accommodation for the whole length of the Workshop.
The Fellowships do not cover medical insurance and per diem.
Selection Criteria for the APTLD Fellowship to Workshop
Qualifying for the Fellowship
Selection for the Fellowship is competitive. In order to qualify for Fellowship, applicants must:
✔ Hold a university-level computer science, information technology, or similar degree, or can demonstrate similar and relevant work experience.
✔ Match the following prerequisites:
● Medium to good knowledge of the UNIX/Linux command line environment Basic understanding of DNS (this course is not an introduction)
● Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking
✔ Be employed in an APTLD –associated ccTLD registry from the following list:
✔ Present a strong motivation in the form of a Statement of Interest for attending the workshop, including demonstrating a strong sense of:
● what he/she intends to accomplish or get out of attending the Workshop;
● how attending the Workshop would help him/her in work
✔ Present a letter of recommendation from the CEO
✔ Participants are required to bring a laptop
Back home, successful applicants are expected to:
● Draft and submit to APTLD a brief report on the Workshop highlighting their experience and impression of the quality of sessions attended;
● Share the experience and knowledge gained at the Workshop within their organization when they return home.
How to apply and the application process timelines
Please complete the papers required and submit them to GM at: email@example.com by 17 March 2019.
The Call closes at 23:59 Moscow time (UTC+3) on 17 March 2019.
GM, together with a designated APTLD board member, reviews the applications and announces the successful applicants by no later than 21 March 2019.
GM APTLD begins the process of supporting the winner’s attendance on 22 March 2019 (the date is subject to further confirmation).